At Biketreks Grizedale we have a few different bikes available for hire for up to 3 hours or over 3 hours. All collections are needed between 9am and 11am, and all returns must be back by 4pm.
The majority of our hire bikes are from Specialized but we do have Orbea in some areas.
Hardtail Mountain Bikes.
Our Specialized hardtails feature disc brakes and front suspension forks so you can tackle most of the routes in and around Grizedale. We go down to a small and up to an XL to cover most sizes of rider from tall youths to giant adults. We are running the Rockhopper for those looking for riding the roads, tracks and basic trails, and the Fuse for those looking for full off road adventures (they have huge tyres so are very draggy on the roads).
- Up to 3 Hours £25
- Over 3 hours £35
Hardtail Electric Bikes.
These feature front suspension forks and off road tyres so you can tackle all of the trails at Grizedale should you wish to. They offer pedal assist to allow you to easily go further whilst leaving you plenty of energy to enjoy a whole day out if needs be. Great for towing a trailer if you're heading out with little ones. E bikes can only be ridden by over 14's who must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Up to 3 Hours £40
- Over 3 hours £55
Full Suspension Bikes.
With front and rear suspension these bikes will allow you to ride anywhere in the forest on any trail as long as you've got the skills! With 29 inch wheels the Orbea Occam is the go to mountain bike for riders worldwide.
- Up to 3 Hours £50
- Over 3 hours £60
Full Suspension Electric Bikes.
With suspension at the front and rear our full sus E bikes are able to tackle our more extreme terrain. These bikes are hired on a "per battery" basis rather than on an hourly rate. All riders must be over 14 to use them, and anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a riding adult at all times.
At the moment our stock is limited so we are offering the Orbea MX 24 inch.
- Up to 3 Hours £20
- Over 3 hours £25
If your youth isn't a fan of using their own legs or just wants some assistance up our hills then these are a great option. At the moment we only have 2 trailers that can be attached to electric hardtail mountain bikes only.
- Up to 3 Hours £5
- Over 3 hours £10
- All under 18's must be accompanied by a riding adult at all times
- Electric bikes can only be ridden by those aged 14 years and over
- Children must be over 1 year old to use a trailer and each child can weigh no more than 18kg.
- All hires include a helmet and basic map of the forest
- All bikes must be collected from the visitor centre between 9am - 11am
- All bikes must be returned by 4pm - late fees apply.
- We cannot promise any bike that is not booked online or over the phone
- ALL bikes must be booked at least 24 hours in advance to allow us to prepare them.
- Photo ID is required in ALL cases, no hire can take place without it
- A helmet MUST be worn at ALL times whilst on our bikes
- A security deposit of £1000 will be taken against the hire of any electric bike or our full suspension bikes.